Charging around Glasgow at sunset

HeatherTheVet

Top Veteran
Name
Heather
AS mentioned in the May Prompts thread, I had a jolly evening being an adventurer on Friday night, going places I really shouldn't have been in the name of photography. I mean, when the light is right you've just got to go, right?

This is what I started out looking for - a multi in it's death throes in Govan.

And then I remembered the glass walls of the staircases at Ibrox stadium, and headed off to capture those. When I got there I changed my mind - it's a pretty rough area and I didn't want to leave the car and cross the road with all my kit in tow, so I took this instead and was rather pleased with it, despite not really liking Rangers as a club or a team

Then I saw the cranes over the new building at the Southern General Hospital and tried to find a good place to catch them from but failed. So I went chasing a spot for the building site I've been eyeing up at Finnieston. I really struggled to get a place to take any decent shots from - you can't stop or park in the area, the place I thought I might get a shot from was private ground... so I went a bit Indiana Jones and jumped barriers and walls, ducked across forecourts and so on only to find that the place was no good! But I did find another spot where I could get a half decent shot of the silouette. I'll have to upload that later. From there it was on to the Riverside Museum to get the tall ship "Glenlee" and the cranes on the Clyde. Happy days!
7289909562_9aa8945d1c_b.jpg
[/url] "Glenlee" reflected in the Riverside Museum by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

7289933856_05b414113f_b.jpg
[/url] Tall Ship by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

And finally, the last picture of the night - The Clyde, the Old and the New.
7289898452_2dc152a34b_b.jpg
[/url] Clyde Sunset, reflected. by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back