Fuji Charlene Winfred and her journey with the 35mm 1.4

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
I posted this in a reply to a thread going on an entirely different subject. But it is worth a stand alone thread. This is a great read about Charlene Winfred's years shooting all of her personal work, and a lot of professional work, with only the 35mm 1.4. This article is also great about what can be done shooting one lens for a long period of time.

I remember reading that article earlier this year. Good stuff. I truly wish I could allow myself to stick with one camera and lens, but I always seem unsettled in what I want to photograph. Sometimes I want to go wide. Sometimes I want to go longer. I do admire her commitment and tenacity.

I've followed Charlene for a bit now. She leads an interesting life. Don't quite know how she does it.

Her prose is magic and her photos the icing on the cake.

I've got a 35mm f1.4 on the front of my X-Pro1. It doesn't get removed much :) There is a 18mm f2.0 in the bag, but honestly I have to force myself to mount it....

I've followed Charlene for a bit now. She leads an interesting life. Don't quite know how she does it.

Her prose is magic and her photos the icing on the cake.

I've got a 35mm f1.4 on the front of my X-Pro1. It doesn't get removed much :) There is a 18mm f2.0 in the bag, but honestly I have to force myself to mount it....

I’m getting to a point where I’m backing off a lot of what I’ve been shooting. Which has me leaving the same lens on 90+% of the time. With the only difference being that I’m running with the 23f2.

Back