Fuji Cheap Fuji Straps

I’ve always been tempted by a Hawkesmill, but the big metail rivet concerns me

(I’ve been using Nucis straps which have no metail beyond the split ring)

The rivets are unable to make any contact with the camera/lens and are smooth enough to not cause issues for me in any way. First class products for sure :)

I hadn't heard of Nucis prior to your post, they look like nice products.

I asked Hawkesmill about their rivets - following is their response:
"We’ve never had a rivet come loose. There are numerous rivets, riveting machines and techniques used. Some are better than others. And the ones we use are the best one can get. We also have a very thorough quality control step before the straps are shipped that would catch any loose, or improperly attached rivets. It does happen occasionally and those straps are rejected and not shipped out.
So far, not one of our customers has had an issue. If they did, we would of course, replace the strap free of charge."

I asked Hawkesmill about their rivets - following is their response:
"We’ve never had a rivet come loose. There are numerous rivets, riveting machines and techniques used. Some are better than others. And the ones we use are the best one can get. We also have a very thorough quality control step before the straps are shipped that would catch any loose, or improperly attached rivets. It does happen occasionally and those straps are rejected and not shipped out.
So far, not one of our customers has had an issue. If they did, we would of course, replace the strap free of charge."

Cheers! Rivets once upon a time, held together ships and bridges so they should be strong enough :)

It’s what happens when the rivets rub on the camera body that concerns me, I doubt that damages the rivet, the camera I’m not so convinced about!

I have a lance wrist strap which I love the look of. But then I use the Peak Design cuff half of the time because it is more comfortable on longer shoots.

They look nice but all the metal close to the body makes me think it will scratch.

Back