Fuji Cheap XE-1 bodies on amazon

"Never used" or not... the camera is officially listed under the used banner. It could simply be a body pulled from the full kit with lens and it might be a great deal. But does it come with all accessories (like charger and cords/cables) and paperwork?

Before I pulled the trigger, I would either e-mail or call Fuji USA and ask A) if they'll extend any kind of warranty coverage on that body and B) if they will at least service it if you pay in the case of a problem. If the camera is grey market, there's at least a possibility that you can't get it serviced by Fujifilm USA, even if you pay for it. I'm not saying that's what Fuji's policy is - I simply don't know. But I do know that some companies are like that.

I've purchased one or two less-expensive Pentax lenses (brand new) from Electronics Basket. The lenses were fine and came with serial number cards but no warranty cards. They may have been grey market but work fine. But I'm not sure I'd risk an $700 camera body without talking to Fuji first.

EDIT:

Fuji USA support contact page...

Fujifilm [United States]

Electronics Basket address and phone number...

245 Belmont Drive
Somerset, NJ
08873-1217
1-732-357-1814

If you follow through, let us know what you find out. Good luck.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Electronics Basket is the same as Big Value, so the warranty thing is most likely gone. I'm not advocating anyone getting this or not, it's simply a good price (used-or not) for an XE-1 body.

Back