Check your metadata!

The thing that makes me take that article with a large grain of salt is that it accuses Flickr as being one of the worst offenders.
But all my metadata is intact on my Flcikr images ...

The thing that makes me take that article with a large grain of salt is that it accuses Flickr as being one of the worst offenders.
But all my metadata is intact on my Flcikr images ...
I also wondered about that. I know that some of my iOS applications strip the metadata (which is why I no longer use some of them) and am thinking perhaps those who complain about stripped metadata might have done it themselves, or been careless. Nonetheless its always worth keeping an eye on it.

This is a non-issue. The creator has copyright irrespective of the metadata or not. Metadata does not protect you. Besides, anyone stealing your work can either strip out the metadata or rewrite it. Hold onto that original file.

Always. However, sometimes I want my metadata visible (not the copyright info, the camera and exposure stuff) because sometimes people like to look and see what you did, and what you did it with. It would annoy me if things got stripped. I know why Facebook does it. I dont know that I believe flickr does it. and I don't use twitter, ever, for posting images, so no clue there.

Exporting an image from Lightroom can be set up to strip metadata with the checking (or is it unchecking) of a single box. Using Save for Web in Photoshop Elements also strips exposure data IIRC.

Back