Chess for the novice

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
I am sure a bunch of you play chess. I never have and was thinking about trying to learn how, or maybe I should stick with backgammon, though it has been quite a while since I've played...

Are there any good online sites or apps that any of you all might recommend? (I should have thought of this sooner since I've been suffering from "cabin fever".)

I use Chess Titans, BB and find it quite good. Not sure where I got it from though, I've had it for that long. I have a feeling my lad downloaded it from somewhere so a google search may provide the answer. :)

D

P.S - here ya go try this, I think it depends which version of windows you use though. Chess Titans Download

Dewi, I'm a Mac user so I will have to keep searching.

Paul, I will have to ponder your question, as usual.*

Red, I do know The Thomas Crown Affair. :drinks:

*Ok, Paul, I had to look up who Bill n Ted were, as opposed to our BillN. Bergman is a little too dour for me during this winter of my discontent, so maybe Bill n Ted?

BB, just look for chess apps for your ipad. Most of them will have some sort of basic tutorial mode that you can learn the basics from. And then just start at a really easy level and play until you can beat it pretty consistently and then move up a level or two...

-Ray

Back