Chinatown, London

I see those pictures and think Wong-Kei, the restaurant with the rudest staff in London. Being forcefully told where to sit with the point of a hand. Kitchen staff walking through the main dining area in their apron and underwear from the searing hot kitchen. Being yelled at for talking too loud. Customers loved it, it got to the point where groups of people would go there just to play along and laugh as they received the abuse of the staff! Fantastic fun, although I gather its turned into a bit of a parody and the staff are not as angry these days. I must check it out when I visit later this year.

I see those pictures and think Wong-Kei, the restaurant with the rudest staff in London. Being forcefully told where to sit with the point of a hand. Kitchen staff walking through the main dining area in their apron and underwear from the searing hot kitchen. Being yelled at for talking too loud. Customers loved it, it got to the point where groups of people would go there just to play along and laugh as they received the abuse of the staff! Fantastic fun, although I gather its turned into a bit of a parody and the staff are not as angry these days. I must check it out when I visit later this year.

Yes, I remember things like "table for 6 please" reply "no, you 4 sit there, you 2 sit over there". Or "can we see the menu"? Reply "you want to read? You go library". We did walk past it last night and I am in the area again this Sunday for the Chinese New Year.

Back