Leica Choose Your Max Image Size for the Forums

Amin

Hall of Famer
I just added a new feature for the forums, which is that you can choose your max image display size. To do so, go to the menu on the far bottom left corner of any forum change and use the "Quick Style Chooser" to select a normal style (max image dimension 1024px), a "high-res" style (max image dimension 2048px), or a "smaller display" style (max image dimension 512px).

If someone posts a 312px wide image in a forum post, it will display 312px wide to you no matter which style you choose. However, if someone posts a 1600px wide photo in their forum post, it will display at the original size for those who are viewing using a "high-res" style, at 1024px wide for those using a standard style (which is the default) and at 512px wide for those using a "smaller display" style.

The idea is for everyone to be able to view images as high res as possible without having to do horizontal scrolling to read forum posts. I'm planning to embed my Flickr photos at the 1600px size going forward.

Hope you enjoy!

I applied some lessons I learned while working on the mobile style to the main forum styles. They now resize images on the fly according to the window size you use, so it's no longer necessary to choose a max image size, only whether you want default, gray, or dark.

Back