Choose Your Own Max Image Viewing Size in the Serious Compacts Forums

Amin

Hall of Famer
You can now choose your own maximum image viewing dimensions by selecting the corresponding forum style from the drop-down menu in the far bottom left corner of any forum page.

If you choose one of the default/standards styles, then any image posted at greater than 1024px size will automatically be resized to 1024px for your viewing. This has been the case for some time now. However, now there are two other options. The options marked "for H-Res displays" will only resize images for viewing if they are larger than 2048px, whereas those designated "for smaller displays" will display images only to a maximum dimension of 512px.

The idea is for everyone to be able to view images as high-res as possible without having to do horizontal scrolling to read forum posts. I'm planning to embed my Flickr photos at the 1600px size going forward.

Hope you enjoy this change!

Thanks Amin,
That is very helpful. Zenfolio does not have a 1024px option (jumps from 800 to 1100) so this helps for those who wants to go 1024px max.
Peter

"yay" (as I believe the young folk say).

I think this is a reintroduction of a feature much missed (by me anyway)

thanks Amin

i couldnt get it to work for me before using the attach from within reply window.. going to test with a bb code thingy

9122399699_0e40dd2ff7_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_DSC8939 by Eliot Graeme, on Flickr

oki that works..i wonder if i did something wonky using the reply paperclip attach before...or does it just work for bbcode linked photos?

I applied some lessons I learned while working on the mobile style to the main forum styles. They now resize images on the fly according to the window size you use, so it's no longer necessary to choose a max image size, only whether you want default, gray, or dark.

I just realized that the resizing doesn't work well in Internet Explorer :(. Need some time to figure that one out...

I thought it was working a few weeks ago when you threw the switch. It defniitely isn't working now in Firefox
If I can't get it working in Firefox and IE, I'll put it back the way it was before. Definitely working in Chrome and Safari.

Back