Christi/Luke- The New Kitten

stanleyk

Top Veteran
Well here is the new kitten Stanley, Hugo, and Ruby found Thursday AM on our morning walk. Of course I had to climb yet another tree at 5:30 AM. At least I didn't fall out this time. :) I had just found a home for the last one the previous weekend so I'm back in the same dilemma. She went to a very good home and made a little 6 year old girl VERY HAPPY!! Again, anyone in Texas who wants a kitten or knows someone who wants a kitten, I'm all ears. This one was a bit more wild, but it now likes to be held, likes the dogs, and is litter box trained. Josephine (my 13 year old cat) actually doesn't mind this one so much. Or maybe she's just thrown in the towel. Anyway, I just cannot afford another pet right now. It absolutely won't go to a shelter but any help locating a good home would be appreciated. THANKS!!!

This one has a serious case of Pirate Parrot. It's sitting on my shoulder right now. I rode up there earlier while I used the Swifter on the kitchen floor. :) Ruby loves this kitten. Last night she sat in front of the sofa for over an hour waiting for it to come out. Then of course she completely lifted it off the ground licking it. It hissed at her and she ran and hid. They have since become buddies. Woe be it anyone who would try to hurt this kitten with Ruby around. It slept curled up on her stomach last night. My dogs really need some psychological help or I'm going to need some soon.

sounds like you have wonderful dogs, too, Stanley!

From the pictures I post here you might think they were crazy. They are all big sweet goof balls. They love people, children, other dogs, and cats. Squirrels, well they aren't crazy about them, but I think that's a dog - squirrel thing. They are a little adventurous which explains the 5 poisonous snake bites, 10 stitches, a stick lodged in the corner of Stanley's eye and the 7 skunk sprayings among other various calamities....sigh.......... I'd probably own a Leica if I didn't have these dogs. :) They are an Veterinarians dream. I think my vet in Dallas was able to retire early because of Stanley. :doh:

That said, I love them dearly and they have been very good dogs and very companions to me. They are all rescues. I got them at different times. Stanley was left a vet's office with Parvo when he was 3 months old. The people (and I use that term loosely) who had him first didn't want to pay for his treatment. Hugo I found at Cleburne State Park. Ruby was abandoned at Bastrop State Park. They have never fought with each over anything and bonded with each other the moment they met. I got really lucky with them.

Well here is the new kitten Stanley, Hugo, and Ruby found Thursday AM on our morning walk. Of course I had to climb yet another tree at 5:30 AM. At least I didn't fall out this time. :) I had just found a home for the last one the previous weekend so I'm back in the same dilemma. She went to a very good home and made a little 6 year old girl VERY HAPPY!! Again, anyone in Texas who wants a kitten or knows someone who wants a kitten, I'm all ears. This one was a bit more wild, but it now likes to be held, likes the dogs, and is litter box trained. Josephine (my 13 year old cat) actually doesn't mind this one so much. Or maybe she's just thrown in the towel. Anyway, I just cannot afford another pet right now. It absolutely won't go to a shelter but any help locating a good home would be appreciated. THANKS!!!

I'm in Austin and part of a large animal loving motorcycle group; ill post the pics n blurb if you like. Lemme know!

This little kitty is just so sweet, I can't think how anyone could say no once they saw it. What a shame you can't keep it as it sounds as though it's settled in happily with Ruby.

I'm in Austin and part of a large animal loving motorcycle group; ill post the pics n blurb if you like. Lemme know!

I would really appreciate it. I go to Austin every other week to help out with my Mom and Dad. My sister lives there. In fact I am going to tomorrow to watch Mom (she has early state Alzheimer's) so Dad can get out of the house for a while. I will deliver. I live in Temple. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This little kitty is just so sweet, I can't think how anyone could say no once they saw it. What a shame you can't keep it as it sounds as though it's settled in happily with Ruby.

I really can't afford it Christi. I already have 3 dogs and a cat. I won't take it to a shelter so I may end up keeping it, but if I can find it a good home like the last one, that would be the best situation. Actually I'm breaking a local ordinance by having 5 pets right now. :)

Back