Sony Christmas came early

HeatherTheVet

Top Veteran
Name
Heather
I nipped up home to see the family for a couple of days before Christmas, trade presents, run on the beach, hang out with Dad etc which was all very jolly and lovely. And while I was there I asked my Dad about the camera I remembered him carrying up various mountains and teaching me how to focus manually for the family picture on the top. I had a vague idea it was a Canon. Yes, he said, it was a Canon T50. Could I see? Is it in the loft? Mum was summoned (as the knower of all things), and she proclaimed it to be in the wardrobe. 5 mins later she presented me with a dusty, slightly foosty camera bag. Imagine my joy to find a lovely Canon T50 complete with flash and:

Canon FD 50mm f2.8
Canon FD 28 mm f1.8

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are pristine, work a treat on the NEX and I am in lens heaven! Then for Christmas I got enough pennies to buy myself the 18-55mm kit lens for all those situations where I'm not quick enough to focus or need to be concentrating on something else.

My Mum said if she'd known I was that excited about it she wouldn't have bought presents, just wrapped up stuff they already had!
:whoo:

Congrats Heather...now that is quite the score!!!! Well done. Tis the season to be jolly, a boy do you have a reason!!!! :yahoo:

....now if I could only muster up the patience the visit my Dad and ask him where is old rangefinder has gotten to...Hmmm....

Well, some things are worth biting your tongue for and taking some very deep breaths :) Luckily I get on with my Dad, we're very similar. That makes us very close, and any fights fairly heated!

Well, some things are worth biting your tongue for and taking some very deep breaths :) Luckily I get on with my Dad, we're very similar. That makes us very close, and any fights fairly heated!
:clap2: A very honest appraisal. So was Dad happy for you to breathe new life into his kit? Otherwise, are you gifting him a neat little compact in return to tide him over? ;)

Nice one!! A mate has some canon stuff in his loft in his 'other' house which I'm waiting for. I ask everyone if they have old stuff but as yet hardly anyone has come up trumps.

Probably. I was very excited you know! Hang on...... (reaches off couch to lenses kept within reach)......

Yes, you are right.

I'll take pics of these lenses later on, show them off, get the letters and numbers right. There's a few shots I've got my eye on just now, hopefully I'll be able to take a couple of them over the next week or two, and work out what these lenses will be good at. As ever, all hints and tips gratefully received!

Back