Christmas Cards

My wife did send photo cards out - I think she used a non-seasonal photo of the family done by a photographer our school fundraisers hire each year.

For on-line use, I prefer something more seasonal! Here's a quick bit of work done just in the last few minutes. Kady is a new addition to our family, a "rescued" dog from way up north. She has fit right in here and I wonder why we waited so long to bring another dog into the family after our last passed on.

View attachment 46600

The "Christmas card" or seasonal greeting card is a quaint tradition dating back from the time of the earliest postal services. Individuals using ink or pencil would write or print, whichever happens to be their normal custom, a pithy greeting or update on how their family is faring. In the early Modernistic Era the advent of inexpensive printing services or devices allowed humans to custom produce their own cards or stationary. When the global internet became ubiquitous in the early 21st century, despite the advent of nearly instant message transfer systems - hopelessly crude by our standards in this era - many still found they enjoyed both sending and receiving these physical representations of greetings via the traditional postal service which back then quickly looked to become antiquated.

Here in the ninety-seventh epoc since The Great Approbation the use of physical or electronic transfer of documents is of course no longer necessary as inter-stellar direct mind-link has long become the norm, and thankfully so, as humans have since evolved into a race without a corporeal manifestation which of course made licking stamps impossible.

:D
Here in the ninety-seventh epoc since The Great Approbation the use of physical or electronic transfer of documents is of course no longer necessary as inter-stellar direct mind-link has long become the norm, and thankfully so, as humans have since evolved into a race without a corporeal manifestation which of course made licking stamps impossible.

I should have done a photographic Christmas card but, alas, I did not.

Here is one from the past, which I could have updated if I'd thought of it.

4210096470_9d730e7e1a_b.jpg

Back