Clever Photo Frames - "Thumbtiles"

summerkl

Veteran
Name
Kevin
Thumbtiles by Steven Johnson — Kickstarter

I have been looking for a way to conveniently display some of my favorite photos. The inconvenience of buying a frame and then hanging it and probably never changing it is not very appealing.

So when I saw this product, it seemed to solve my problem.

I also like that I am supporting someone's innovation and creativity through this project.

I have no affiliation with this product or the website.

I did order a set. I haven't done much with square framing but I was thinking 5x7 images with a 1 inch border on top and bottom should be good.

Hopefully the project will expand and offer different sizes in the future.

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't quite get it. They are 7" frames made from some kind of plastic with an easy-mount mechanism, to hold prints. Is that correct?

Yup. Convenient and non-permanent.

Because I'm taking more photos, I'd like an easy way to change them out. I also really like how it doesn't mark up the wall with nail holes so I can place them anywhere.

OK, I was curious how these were being hung to wall if they weren't permanent. "Glue dots" is the answer.

Glue dots. They work beautifully on a variety of surfaces. And they are widely available if you need more. You'll receive two types with each order: removable dots (for painted walls and other easy surfaces) and stronger dots (for those surfaces where a little more tack is needed).

From the Kickstarter page these seemed like an interesting idea, something my wife might've been interested in as we work on redoing some rooms, but, alas, it looks like the site "thumbtiles.com" is no more.

Back