Sony Clicking sound on my new RX100?

DDBazooka

I notice on my brand new RX100 when I half press to shutter to focus (but before the picture is taken), the shutter button makes a clicking noise. Anyone else have this problem? or is it normal?

I notice on my brand new RX100 when I half press to shutter to focus (but before the picture is taken), the shutter button makes a clicking noise. Anyone else have this problem? or is it normal?

Is just a single very low "click click" that occurs after focusing each time you half press? If this is what you are hearing (same on mine), it is the aperture stopping down. If you listen closely, it occurs when you release from the half press as well, when the aperture opens again.

Is just a single very low "click click" that occurs after focusing each time you half press? If this is what you are hearing (same on mine), it is the aperture stopping down. If you listen closely, it occurs when you release from the half press as well, when the aperture opens again.

Yep, and it's also dependent on how bright the scene is.

Do you guys hear it at f1.8 as well? I can see it physically close at other apertures but wide open, nothing is stopping down yet the click is still present.

Back