Cliff climbing.

Saw some guys rockclimbing yesterday when I went for a hike up a mountain. I yelled across the crevasse whether I could take photos of the guy sitting on the cliff edge. The guy yelled back "YEAH THAT'S FINE."

So I took some shots and then I yelled: "YOU WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THE PHOTOS?"

He said: "THAT WOULD BE GREAT, THANKS!"

"OKAY WHAT'S YOUR EMAIL?"

The guy, sitting on the cliff edge, yells back: "FIRST NAME - CLIFF....."

I paused. "YOU'RE A ROCK CLIMBER AND YOUR NAME IS CLIFF?"

"YEAH!"

'YOU GIVING ME A FAKE EMAIL ADDRESS?"

They all laugh. He yelled that his father gave him that name, nothing he can do about it.

Turns out his email address was real and he loved the photos.

He replied:

Thanks for keeping me company on the top of Gibraltar Peak, great to chat to you yesterday.
Thanks for the photos, these are great! Climbing often takes you to some beautiful vistas but it’s so hard to take good photos while doing it! So I really cherish shots taken by others.

49042096601_22854d90ab_h.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

49042303547_36fbdfc991_h.jpg

49042088281_29f5897ee0_h.jpg

49042086896_478b10462a_h.jpg

49041583663_3a60e9c6e8_h.jpg

Also, my Leica M10 fell out of its holster on to a rock when I was climbing to get a better angle. :( It now has some minor scratches and is slightly out of alignment, will have to send it in for a CLA. :( :( :(

I've never heard of her before but I like her portfolio, she definitely knows what she's doing and I like the fact that she's a Fujifilm user, not the usual Canon/Nikon. I couldn't find the reference to her lens though.
Sorry, I forgot the article she wrote about her 35mm 1.4 and 7 year journey with it was on Fuji Love. Not her personal site. Here is the link to it. Great read. And her 35 has definitely been well used, but even more loved.

A Visual Journey: 7 Years of the XF35mm f/1.4

Sorry, I forgot the article she wrote about her 35mm 1.4 and 7 year journey with it was on Fuji Love. Not her personal site. Here is the link to it. Great read. And her 35 has definitely been well used, but even more loved.

A Visual Journey: 7 Years of the XF35mm f/1.4

I went for years with just one body and one lens too, and I still do about 99% of my photography with one lens even though I have a few other lenses now.

I went for years with just one body and one lens too, and I still do about 99% of my photography with one lens even though I have a few other lenses now.
When I shot film, I only had one lens. When I came back to shooting with digital, it was with a Canon crop body and two lenses. Then I just had to branch out on what I was shooting *shaking head*

When I shot film, I only had one lens. When I came back to shooting with digital, it was with a Canon crop body and two lenses. Then I just had to branch out on what I was shooting *shaking head*
Funny how many of our photography stories are so similar. I've never shot events or done portraits, but after I discovered digital, I suddenly "realized" one lens and one camera wasn't enough. <sigh>

For film, the sensor was the same for everyone. AF really began the body “arms race”. I had just a 40 2.8 pancake and the dreaded Tak 135 2.5 on my Pentax until I took a trip to Africa in 2000 and bought a 100-300 zoom.

Last edited:
Back