Fuji Closeup with Fuji X100 V2 firmware

I've been doing some close-ups with the new firmware just yesterday - all without ever engaging macro mode. Go Fuji!
(I'm not entirely pleased with the results from a creative point of view, and I'm going back to see if I can improve on those shots today - hopefully I'll post the results this evening)

From the department of redundancy department . . .

I've been doing some close-ups with the new firmware just yesterday - all without ever engaging macro mode. Go Fuji!

. . . I'll link to something I said on the related post: Fuji - X100 Firmware 2.0 released

I would encourage all who are pleased with the firmware upgrade to let Fuji know. If you scroll down from that link, you'll find contact information for a PR guy at Fuji who was involved with one of the camera announcements.

I think that generally consumers will readily complain when they are not pleased but will not take the time to "encourage good behavior" on the part of companies.

Seeing what Fuji has done to upgrade the firmware on the X100 certainly makes me want to look at Fuji for my future camera needs.

Cheers, Jock

Thanks Sue :)
I wanted to do a shot with both the reflections and clear leaves (that's what I wasn't satisfied with yet), so I went back yesterday to do some shots at f/16 instead of f/8 or f/2. However, there's a storm passing over the Netherlands since yesterday, so fat chance of getting the perfectly still water that's required for that mirror look...

Thanks Sue :)
I wanted to do a shot with both the reflections and clear leaves (that's what I wasn't satisfied with yet), so I went back yesterday to do some shots at f/16 instead of f/8 or f/2. However, there's a storm passing over the Netherlands since yesterday, so fat chance of getting the perfectly still water that's required for that mirror look...

Ahhh. got it! Looking forward to the perfected shots!

I wasn't getting the thing to lock onto the part of this plant that I wanted last night, but the new focus peaking made it very, very quick and easy in manual.

tt7r.jpg

I wasn't getting the thing to lock onto the part of this plant that I wanted last night, but the new focus peaking made it very, very quick and easy in manual.

I'm really surprised that we got focus peaking via a firmware update (and am v pleased about it, I must say)... if it was that "easy" why did we have to wait so long, and why dont other manufacturers do the same thing... one wonders...

In the meantime, nice shot, well caught. Clearly, focus peaking works beautifully :)

Back