Coffee addiction? ☕ Try FreshPotix, endorsed by Dave Grohl

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Lately I've been wondering if I drink too much coffee (like, way too much) and thought that maybe it was actually an addiction. Dave Grohl was known for having a reliance on coffee and at one point was drinking up to 5 *pots* of coffee a day. These days though he has cured his addiction thanks to FreshPotix. Maybe I should look into it? 🤔

To give an idea of how much coffee I drink, in the video I recognized the cup at the 1:35 mark immediately; it's the bulk pack of cups & lids sold by Costco which I have been stocking here at the house all year since the pandemic lockdowns started. The possible side effects of FreshPotix is worrisome though. 🤣

Just one thing confuses me. Why would you need a bulk pack of cups and lids? I recognise that desperate times, like this year's lockdowns, can require desperate measures, but coffee from a disposable cup??

I'll confess that I did accept my barista using disposable cups during the worst of the lockdown when cafes were only allowed to serve take-away, but for coffee prepared at home there's no excuse to allow a drop in standards.

coffee from a disposable cup??
It's an addiction, my coffee consumption is that of an uncultured swine. ☕🐖

But, nothing else withstanding, the disposable cups are convenient as this has been a crazy year and I've been having to do a lot of errands during the day so I can drink & go. On the plus side it's been saving me money versus picking up coffee along the way to/from work (I haven't seen my office since around Feb).

I love and rely on coffee, but I'd say my stomach acid balance keeps it in check - too much and I'll end up with heartburn. Maybe that means I have a broken stomach but I'd say my nerves benefit from me limiting it to, say, 24-30 ounces over the course of the day.

I guess I average out at 6 cups during the workdays, though I use the lightest setting the machine in the office allows.
Otherwise I do upset my stomach as well, and I tend to NOT drink coffee after 8 pm, or I'll have trouble going to sleep. All the basic stuff associated with caffeine. ;)

"I drink coffee to stay awake at work,
I can't sleep at night because I drink coffee"

I can only handle a certain level of caffeine at a time but am addicted to having 2 cups of coffee a day. It works great as an analgesic to make joint pain manageable every day. My doctor once told me it was easier on my stomach than ibuprofen (I sometimes need it as well to relieve pain so I can sleep through the night) but I monitor my coffee intake as I go.

I have some instant decaf. I drink too much iced coffee, so I run two cups through each pod. When I have filled my iced coffee container (about three pods) I add some instant to strengthen the flavor. It may not sound that great, but I like the result. I also have some decaf instant espresso for variety.

Back