Leica Collapsible Summicron 50 2.0 with Leica M9

Raid

All-Pro
I used a collapsible Summicron with the M9 at the same shoot during which I also used the Hexanon 50 2.4 with the M8 (posted).
I will add some images to this link: Collapsible Summicron 50 2 M9 - raid

Here are some images with the Cron and the M9:

CollCronM9-8-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CollCronM9-1-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-3-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-4-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-2-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-6-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-5-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-7-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-32-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-22-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-29-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-17-X2.jpg

CollCronM9-16-3-X2.jpg

Were they going "Mine, Mine, Mine"?

The collapsible Summicron and Summitar produce more muted colors on the M9, which I like.

I'm jealous- would like to be on that pier. Tired of Winter!

I chose the collapsible Cron on purpose to get muted colors so that I can compare results from results with the more modern Hexanon 50/2.4 collapsible.
All I can say Brian is "leave Winter behind you and move South".

Raid

Were they going "Mine, Mine, Mine"?

The collapsible Summicron and Summitar produce more muted colors on the M9, which I like.

I'm jealous- would like to be on that pier. Tired of Winter!

I thought that pier was supposed to be under water years ago. It is quite beautiful on the Florida coast. I would have some issues with the humidity.

The fishing piers were replaced after the last hurricane hit Pensacola.
I thought that pier was supposed to be under water years ago. It is quite beautiful on the Florida coast. I would have some issues with the humidity.

Well...we have four seasons on the West Coast. Fire, flood, earthquake, drought. Not in that order. I did, just recently take some quick pics with the Vario of the beautiful snow that came down on the nearby mountains. Vario needs more "reach".

Yes...go back with the SWC. I saved a little money and found a Brooks 100 Veriwide I like. The BIG negative.

Dear raid
The graflex xlsw is a totally different bird (seagull) than a brooks plaubel verwide 100

Dante Stella

It almost fits in your pocket. Same 47 mm f8 compur

Newer models have the (better) SuperAngulon 47/5.6. The XLSW is the poor man's version of Brooks Plaubel Veriwide 100. :)

Ha! Dante told me (through an extra terrestrial)that not everyone is so certain that the faster lens is a lot better.

The veriwide is the poor mans version of swc.....that you can put in your coat pocket and magically produce a 50%bigger negative :)

Yes..."reported". I frankly have not seen distortion. A 38mm biogon....it is not. It is one heck of a camera.

I used to use the Graflex XLSW as my medium format wide angle camera. It has a good amount of vignetting, but it is a very sharp lens. The Biogon 38mm lens in the SWC is a very special lens. One of a kind. Eternal.

Back