Fuji Color fringe at high ISO

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Jun 20, 2012
Hood River, OR
Kyle
Hi Rico (and everyone else). I've noticed something a few times on the X-T1, and I don't love it. Hoping you can help me understand it. When I use anything above 3200, I get color fringes at the bottom of the images (bottom = with the camera oriented normally, ie landscape)... I know of the light leak issue, but that comes from the side, not the bottom. I don't understand it, and it's making me have second thoughts about using the T on anything high-ISO unless it's un b&w. And even then, I can "see" it because I know it's there, but it's at least grey.

This shot shows it well, but I know what you're going to say about it - "that's ISO 25,600, what do you expect?" Fair enough, but on this trip I took a few night shots at ISO 5000 and saw it clearly.

DSCF9135 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Here's one from the weekend. ISO 6400.

Full shot:

Bottom Color Fringing by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Detail 1:

Detail 2:

I get that higher ISOs come with compromises, but I could SWEAR the humble X100 didn't do this at those ISO's, and especially not localized to one edge of the sensor.

Any thoughts?

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
Strange, I rarely see any color noise in X-Trans shots. You might want to redevelop the RAWs in cameras with standard settings. Obviously, pushing JPEGs in post isn't a good idea, but as I said, that color noise seems odd.

Latest threads

Top Bottom