Fuji Color fringe at high ISO

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
Hi Rico (and everyone else). I've noticed something a few times on the X-T1, and I don't love it. Hoping you can help me understand it. When I use anything above 3200, I get color fringes at the bottom of the images (bottom = with the camera oriented normally, ie landscape)... I know of the light leak issue, but that comes from the side, not the bottom. I don't understand it, and it's making me have second thoughts about using the T on anything high-ISO unless it's un b&w. And even then, I can "see" it because I know it's there, but it's at least grey.

This shot shows it well, but I know what you're going to say about it - "that's ISO 25,600, what do you expect?" Fair enough, but on this trip I took a few night shots at ISO 5000 and saw it clearly.

13603330374_be1bae001a_c.jpg
DSCF9135 by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Here's one from the weekend. ISO 6400.

Full shot:

14368419206_2bd6e81ce2_c.jpg
Bottom Color Fringing by gordopuggy, on Flickr

Detail 1:

14205073357_32901e0368_c.jpg

Detail 2:

14205073297_3f5286063b_c.jpg

I get that higher ISOs come with compromises, but I could SWEAR the humble X100 didn't do this at those ISO's, and especially not localized to one edge of the sensor.

Any thoughts?

Strange, I rarely see any color noise in X-Trans shots. You might want to redevelop the RAWs in cameras with standard settings. Obviously, pushing JPEGs in post isn't a good idea, but as I said, that color noise seems odd.

Back