Color Color photographs

Yep. e.g. Tweedsmouth. (below) Also saw them at the Strathcona Estate along with specimens from Vancouver Island where the Baron had another big estate. Now Strathcona Park. At Birnam we saw Doug firs planted from seed by David Douglas and now one of the tallest trees in UK.

Tweedsmouth_5060053.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
To offer you a detailed study of the Panasonic GX80/G80 grain, I cropped heavily into this frame. Sadly the composition may have suffered as a result. To compose well around this hurrying gentleman, I should have taken a better shot on the field, cropping won't do any good.

This sensor, with this processor, processed with the 'default' values that darktable once offered out of the box, continues to be my top favorites. Especially considering how affordable these cameras can be. And the kit lens is wide open I think! I did apply a LUT over the original color but not much else.

2024-01-10 (Wed) 15-03-29.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looking at a few of your photos taken with this lens, Irene, it appears to be very nice. Good colour rendition, very little geometric distortion (when it's noticeable at all).

I assume from the widely variable aperture that it's an inexpensive lens, and it certainly produces very nice images.

Looking at a few of your photos taken with this lens, Irene, it appears to be very nice. Good colour rendition, very little geometric distortion (when it's noticeable at all).

I assume from the widely variable aperture that it's an inexpensive lens, and it certainly produces very nice images.
Thanks @John King - I agree that's it's very nice! It comes as a kit lens with the Z DX (crop factor) bodies but I believe it really is a great performer especially at its price point

It's a weird collapsible lens; it folds in on itself and down to almost pancake size for storage and has to be extended before use.

Thanks @John King - I agree that's it's very nice! It comes as a kit lens with the Z DX (crop factor) bodies but I believe it really is a great performer especially at its price point

It's a weird collapsible lens; it folds in on itself and down to almost pancake size for storage and has to be extended before use.
Interesting how some of the "kit lenses" are stunningly good.

Back