Color photographs

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
The masked barista, preparing my Café Mocha---

Q_May5_21_masked_barista.jpg

Real Name
Matt
@mike3996
Good idea.
Ithink there’s a brand of soviet lenses Helios(???) that does that. Others will give you info I’m sure.
GO FOR IT!
... or the Meyer Görlitz glass (Trioplan, Primoplan); they're available new once more, but don't take this as a recommendation! I find them really, really expensive for what they are, though I sometimes feel tempted to go for a 75mm f/1.9 Primoplan just for the heck of it. That said, for that kind of money (1000 Euros!), I'd rather pick up a Voigtländer Nokton 75mm f/1.5 for M mount (or the Nokton 50mm f/1.5 II - just for fun).

Speaking for M mount, you could also get there with a Voigtländer Nokton 35mm f/1.4 Classic - preferrably the first version that has a more defined (some what say "rough") bokeh characteristic; the second version is much softer/mushier in the edges wide open, but is otherwise better behaved, especially stopped down just a bit. Actually, all older Noktons, including the 50mm f/1.5, show some of that character, though nowhere near as much as the 35mm f/1.4 ...

M.

mike3996

Hall of Famer
The shot here needs a 150-200 mm equivalent fl for the necessary compression. Maybe a swirly lens mounted on M4/3? But the swirl only gets started on the center and goes towards the (cropped-out) edges? Hmm. :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom