Color Color photographs

9044E7A3-D33F-4B97-A5D2-14B06BACFABC.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BCBF82C5-5173-425D-AC8B-008CC70E7290.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@mike3996
Good idea.
Ithink thereā€™s a brand of soviet lenses Helios(???) that does that. Others will give you info Iā€™m sure.
GO FOR IT!
... or the Meyer Gƶrlitz glass (Trioplan, Primoplan); they're available new once more, but don't take this as a recommendation! I find them really, really expensive for what they are, though I sometimes feel tempted to go for a 75mm f/1.9 Primoplan just for the heck of it. That said, for that kind of money (1000 Euros!), I'd rather pick up a VoigtlƤnder Nokton 75mm f/1.5 for M mount (or the Nokton 50mm f/1.5 II - just for fun).

Speaking for M mount, you could also get there with a VoigtlƤnder Nokton 35mm f/1.4 Classic - preferrably the first version that has a more defined (some what say "rough") bokeh characteristic; the second version is much softer/mushier in the edges wide open, but is otherwise better behaved, especially stopped down just a bit. Actually, all older Noktons, including the 50mm f/1.5, show some of that character, though nowhere near as much as the 35mm f/1.4 ...

M.

The shot here needs a 150-200 mm equivalent fl for the necessary compression. Maybe a swirly lens mounted on M4/3? But the swirl only gets started on the center and goes towards the (cropped-out) edges? Hmm. :)

Back