Color Color photographs

Taken in the produce section of the local organic southern Oregon market.

7070_July24_22_produce_section_monkey.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A bittersweet reminder of the passage of time
After living there for 51 years, our neighbour - now a widow of 80, is moving out
We've had a chequered past with her not always pleasant demeanour, but we wished her well and feel sad to see her go
She has a truly wonderful garden that attracts so many pretty birds to the neighbourhood; and now we fear that this property will be knocked down
to make way for the typical 3 storey glass and cement luxury bunkers that seem so popular here now but are utterly soul-less

Web 1500_FUJY0522 No 1_moving after 51 years.jpg

A bittersweet reminder of the passage of time
After living there for 51 years, our neighbour - now a widow of 80, is moving out
We've had a chequered past with her not always pleasant demeanour, but we wished her well and feel sad to see her go
She has a truly wonderful garden that attracts so many pretty birds to the neighbourhood; and now we fear that this property will be knocked down
to make way for the typical 3 storey glass and cement luxury bunkers that seem so popular here now but are utterly soul-less

View attachment 325751
Too true ... the first thing the people who bought my parents' home did was rip out *everything* my mother had put so much love and passion into growing and putting in, including the bird bath and my father's little gnarly, but fruitful apple tree. I'm not sure they kept the hedges, even ... It's now just a bit of lawn. For the kid to run around in, apparently. It's about as interesting as a piece of cardboard now for wildlife - and, I can't help but feel, humans (worthy of being identified as such), too. What's more, in this kind of weather (and climate), it'll be nothing more than cracked earth and dust in no time.

The garden was the only thing I was sentimental about, really - the house was fine, but just that ... The garden was a mirror of (her) personality ...

M.

Sad about the lack of rainfall but beautiful images nonetheless
Thanks. I'd forgotten I'd got this piccie from the middle of Feb this year when I'd just got my first "proper" camera. One of my first photos was from the Elan Valley and the water rushing over the top of the dam...

DSC_0115.jpg

Back