Color Color photographs

I have this blue glass mug (bought at the flea market) with some Norwegian shipping line logo on the front.
I like to drink rooibos tea from it.
This afternoon I brought the tea tray upstairs to my computer and as I poured it, the light fell in such a way,
that the rising steam was very visible.

I don't want to sound like I'm crazy, but I took about 50 photos before it cooled down
Like water splashes or snow crystals, all shapes are individual and constantly fluid

I have a whole series... could fill a gallery :)

ZFC_3347 Swirly steam over blue mug_Dnz.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ZFC_3333 Swirly steam over blue mug_Dnz.jpg

ZFC_3284 Swirly steam over blue mug vortices_Dnz.jpg

I have this blue glass mug (bought at the flea market) with some Norwegian shipping line logo on the front.
This afternoon I brought the tea tray upstairs to my computer and as I poured it, the light fell in such a way,

I don't want to sound like I'm crazy, but I took about 50 photos before it cooled down
Like water splashes or snow crystals, all shapes are individual and constantly fluid

View attachment 372225

View attachment 372226

View attachment 372227
These are great, Irene. What a neat discovery.

- K

View attachment 372225

View attachment 372226

View attachment 372227
Serendipity writ large, Irene!
What wonderful shots. Worth printing the whole series as a book?

This was a strange closing of a circle. In 2017 my daughter Laura and I travelled to Brittany specifically to attend the
Paimpol Festival du Chant de Marins 2017. Headlining was Alan Stivell and it was rumoured (and indeed was to be)
the final ever live appearance of Malicorne.

Late night on a different festival stage, were South African band BCUC. The promotional photo of them appearing
in the festival brochure had been taken by Laura when they performed in Cape Town :)

BCUC : Bantu Continua Uhuru Consciousness

FWeb 1500_FUJX0859 BCUC Paimpol.jpg

Last edited:
Back