Color Color photographs

Hats
WomanHat3_1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This Leica is said to have excellent image quality. Did you use any alienation effect? The trees on the horizon and the people have strange white halos and most of the photo is unsharp. The air force 1 photo does not show these features.
Aloha, I have say the images were some time ago, the McClure photos might have been sharpened and some color added. I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my work. Regards ScleralGuy

My mother's ancient French cookbook, 'La Veritable Cuisine de Famille', by everyone's favorite gastronomic Auntie, la Tante Marie.

View attachment 379454
We have an equivalent which both my Mum and my wife's mother were given in their housekeeping course. It's a book that was used as a training manual in the Home Economics School. They both added their minor changes of recipes in the margin and we still we use it very much as we like the recipes and the many helpful tips and advice given in addition to the recipes.

In the UK we have "Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management" from the Victorian era, full of classic recipes, plus...

On 1 October 1861, the instalments were collected into one volume with the title "The Book of Household Management, comprising information for the Mistress, Housekeeper, Cook, Kitchen-Maid, Butler, Footman, Coachman, Valet, Upper and Under House-Maids, Lady's-Maid, Maid-of-all-Work, Laundry-Maid, Nurse and Nurse-Maid, Monthly Wet and Sick Nurses, etc. etc. – also Sanitary, Medical, & Legal Memoranda: with a History of the Origin, Properties, and Uses of all Things Connected with Home Life and Comfort."

In the UK we have "Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management" from the Victorian era, full of classic recipes, plus...

On 1 October 1861, the instalments were collected into one volume with the title "The Book of Household Management, comprising information for the Mistress, Housekeeper, Cook, Kitchen-Maid, Butler, Footman, Coachman, Valet, Upper and Under House-Maids, Lady's-Maid, Maid-of-all-Work, Laundry-Maid, Nurse and Nurse-Maid, Monthly Wet and Sick Nurses, etc. etc. – also Sanitary, Medical, & Legal Memoranda: with a History of the Origin, Properties, and Uses of all Things Connected with Home Life and Comfort."
Does it give information on trying to find and manage a mistress by any chance?
If so, I'm off to Aardvark books for a copy!

Last edited:
Old but gold! This could be posted under various threads I guess, but here's as good a place as any, I think

Bit of background: I took these images in 2008 - when I chanced upon this, I had a lens too long to capture the entire scene in one; so this is a panorama made up from 5 separate images,
finally using my new Capture One 23 on my freshly installed Win10 (yes I upgraded from Win7 at last!). At the time I was using a Nikon D70s with a 50mm lens

Artists : Faith47 and Mak1One

F_DSC0667_Panorama Faith47 Mak1One 2008_C1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back