Color portraits and or photographs of people

A wonderful portrait, Irene. So much personality and soul speaking out of these eyes, and a lifetime of experiences that left its imprints in the face. And the beard reminds me of times I had mine even longer and thicker.

And cool portraits of a good-looking young man who knows he's cool. I'm sure both were delighted to get copy of these shots.

jpeg - ig_lydiaf_shot 1_00012.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shot with a Broncolor Para 222 camera left as main light.

Broncolor asked for and used this photo in their recent Para Brochure. The young model was very excited to have her shot selected for the brochure.

The brochure shows the work of 18 photographers from around the world.

jpeg - ig_oct 2021 model shoot 08686.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Although I brought a second camera with another lens, I did the entire shoot using the Z6ii with the Z70-180. This lens is relatively new to me and I'm impressed with the results. This crop is at 100%

View attachment 432735

And now for something completely different :)
This is Ahmed who, with his wife Kayley, has a stall at the market selling colourful clothing

View attachment 441978

View attachment 441979

If I were ever to systems again. @Irene McC , your work with the Nikon Z6 II/40 f2 would lead me straight to that combination in hopes of getting similar results. Your portraits are inspiring.

If I were ever to systems again. @Irene McC , your work with the Nikon Z6 II/40 f2 would lead me straight to that combination in hopes of getting similar results. Your portraits are inspiring.
Dear @Bobby T I'd like to do a deep "we're not worthy" bow and thank you sincerely for this incredibly nice compliment.
Note that not all of the images you reference were taken with the combination you mention. The EXIF's should be visible below each image here.

In 2017 I augmented my camera system from always having been loyal to Nikon, to the Fuji mirrorless bodies - purely because my daughter and I were planning overseas travel
and I chose the Fujis for the incredible difference in weight. Having shot Nikons with huge lenses for airshows, suddenly having an X-T20 with a pancake 27mm lens in my bag
at all times was a revelation and travelling light is liberating and especially for local 'dodgy' areas that I visit for street art, having unobtrusive gear is definitely an advantage.

Nikon seemed a bit slow playing the mirrorless catch-up game, but I must confess that since buying the (crop factor) Z fc I was fully back in the Nikon saddle. More
recently I added the full frame Z 6ii and I am loving it. I hardly shoot with the Fujis anymore (which is a shame, since I invested heavily in the system)

Last edited:
Dear @Bobby T I'd like to do a deep "we're not worthy" bow and thank you sincerely for this incredibly nice compliment.
Note that not all of the images you reference were taken with the combination you mention. The EXIF's should be visible below each image here.

In 2017 I augmented my camera system from always having been loyal to Nikon, to the Fuji mirrorless bodies - purely because my daughter and I were planning overseas travel
and I chose the Fujis for the incredible difference in weight. Having shot Nikons with huge lenses for airshows, suddenly having an X-T20 with a pancake 27mm lens in my bag
at all times was a revelation and travelling light is liberating and especially for local 'dodgy' areas that I visit for street art, having unobtrusive gear is definitely an advantage.

Nikon seemed a bit slow playing the mirrorless catch-up game, but I must confess that since buying the (crop factor) Z fc I was fully back in the Nikon saddle. More
recently I added the full frame Z 6ii and I am loving it. I hardly shoot with the Fujis anymore (which is a shame, since I invested heavily in the system)
I've been a Nikon shooter forever... The Fuji cameras create skin tones better than any manufacturer out there. They are numer one in my book. If I ever go mirrorless, it will be a GFX MF for sure - and 3 or maybe 4 GFX lenses 💋.

I did realize that after the post I made. But stand by what I said. Your portraits are amazing. You have a gift for getting the best moment with people. The gear is secondary. I mentioned it because I love the look of your images that your choices in gear gives.

A little brag, if I may? From last night's sunset shoot for a sunglasses brand.

This morning they have posted this Valentine's special ad on Instagram after a very quick download and edit late last night.
It had been a 33 deg C wind-free Sunday and the first location we went to was plastered with people and the tide was high,
making the beach even smaller than usual and we decided to bail. Drove to a different location, had to search for parking
for 20 minutes and then walked, carrying loads of gear (my camera bag as well as some of the stylist's props, make up and
towels). I had the pedometer on and we walked 1.5km... and back uphill in the dark to the car after the shoot.
Anyway, did it all pay off? I do hope so.

Valentine ad up_next morning IG.JPG

Back