Color portraits and or photographs of people

Mother.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The old mother...

Impromptu session horsing around with some gear on the back porch.

I thought some of you might find this of interest. I was playing around with the latest iteration of Photoshop. It has something called "neural filters". Neural filters do a very good job of colorizing monochrome photos. But you can also do things like alter facial expressions, change hair color, etc. This photo is my first crude attempt at altering a photograph with "neural filters". It's the same photo as the one I posted above, but I monkeyed with it digitally. Is it true photography? I don't know, but it is definitely interesting.

Insane Man1_new rendition.jpg

@mnhoj
this portrait looks like the one of your son earlier…in that I think you’re using your new curved reflector. IMHO these both look, on my iPad, a bit blow out. Not alot, but noticeably.
Also, I think your wife is rather attractive. You’re. Lucky man, John.

@mnhoj
this portrait looks like the one of your son earlier…in that I think you’re using your new curved reflector. IMHO these both look, on my iPad, a bit blow out. Not alot, but noticeably.
Also, I think your wife is rather attractive. You’re. Lucky man, John.
Thank you. I appreciate the compliment and the critique. My intent is to expose to the right with this type of shot. I always let the histogram guide me(no blowouts) and often don't pay enough attention to the balance of the image.
And yes I am very lucky. She has a beautiful soul to match.

Me, at age 15, with a bird and a Polaroid Swinger. If I recall, the film for this camera was something like $5.99 for eight exposures. This was a small fortune for me in 1960's dollars. I would carefully ration my photos, maybe taking one or two photos a week, or saving them for special occasions, like a birthday or a trip. It was almost painful to spend the money to take a photo. I would haunt the camera stores and department stores, trying to find deals on expired Polaroid film or film on sale. The advertising for the Polaroid Swinger showed care-free people dancing and singing while using the camera and casually taking shot after shot. The reality was that the film was too expensive for a teenage kid to shoot without worrying about the expense. Once, I sent a few bad exposures to Polaroid for the "money back guarantee", and they sent me back a three-pack of film. This was a windfall that exceeded my wildest imagination.

IMG_20220627_0010-3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back