Color portraits and or photographs of people

This is me actually (w/camera), and my older brother; courtesy of my wife's photographic genius. She can make old things new again, LOL!

1660586966510.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

She was not at all attired like a usual hiker (even less so from the front) - we had a lovely chat about the waterfalls on Table Mountain after heavy rains
I loved her cocoon blanket cape which looked hand crocheted and as she left to carry on walking, I thought this would make a great shot for a fashion spread :)

WB_FUJS7384 Old Table Mountain Road couple crochet blanket.jpg

Still, not bad. If you don't mind me saying, though, giving the subjects face a slightly softer contrast in post might work here. But overall quite a nice look, and this with the Sony "nifty fifty"!
I will lighten up the shadows on the face. I usually apply a negative Texture brush on the face to smooth out the skin a little bit and that tones down the contrast as well.

Yus, it was the first time I got to use the nifty fifty for dedicated portrait but can't say I'm particularly happy with it. Of course it's cheap and you get what you pay for, the sharpness is not as good as my Tamron 28-75mm f 2.8 G2 and the colour aberration are giving me quite a bit of extra work to deal with. I've been thinking and wanting a bit better "normal" FL lens that is a bit better corrected and sharper.

Technically, this is not a color portrait of someone - but a photo of two color portraits of two someones - my grand-children - whose tiny photos adorn an impromptu photo-mobile which partially hangs suspended from a lamp in the living room. Since one of them just had a birthday, it seemed a good time to commemorate their faces.

XT3_Sept17_22_grandchildren_photo-mobile.jpg

Back