Color portraits and or photographs of people

The real soloist
IMGP7393.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Javier,

This is a great shot. I really enjoy your work.

Regards,

Antonio

Antonio - unusually in this instant Javier has taken a shot of a man - 99% on his images seem to be of the "fairer sex" - I just don't know how he gets aways with it

I always look forward to his posts with expectant pleasure!

This is a series of a stranger on Punalu'u beach on the big island. Sadly, my photos didn't show the luminousness of the black sand, which was very sparkly.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Leica X1

Took these in Spain in September and no matter how I try I'm just not sure if they work. I took them at an odd angle to start with and that didn't help! Tried B & W, Sepia etc. etc. Shall I keep them or not? I like the way they mirror each other's body language.

L1002394-2.jpg

L1002395-2.jpg

Christina,

I like them both and I believe they work. I do like the first one better, because in that one their expressions really mirror each other. I would try a bit of a tighter crop on the first one, similar to what you did on the second one.

Nonetheless, very nice.

Regards,

Antonio

I'm a member of the local committee of the French cycle touring federation. The cycling events we organize for children afford some wonderful opportunities for candids:
_DSC4634crop800ht.jpg

I have to admit, though, that this was done with a Nikon D200 and 18-200mm VR lens. It's a compact, in comparison with a D3. ;)

Christina,

I like them both and I believe they work. I do like the first one better, because in that one their expressions really mirror each other. I would try a bit of a tighter crop on the first one, similar to what you did on the second one.

Nonetheless, very nice.

Regards,

Antonio
Thanks Antonio, I'll have to try again but at least someone thinks they're worth saving!

Christina - I have problems taking (candid) shots of people

I think that when they (people) look at the camera and they know that you are taking a photo of them - it spoils the shot, (for me anyway) - with one of two exceptions

Yes, I agree Bill. I took these from a bit of a way away and at a most peculiar angle. I don't like photographing strangers much :( and I certainly wouldn't want to be on the end of a Spanish tirade!!!!

Back