Color Color: Words/No Words

First roll of color film, straight from the lab scanner. I may tweak exposure later.
wKF3SOf0.jpeg

N1I7Fp2w.jpeg

HaKzcMYw.jpeg

1s-yYq5c.jpeg

@Andrewmap
SO…which felt better the viewing or shooting the photo?
Was this sort of a dream realized?
@Apollo T.

Definitely a dream realized! I've been interested in astronomy since I was a youngster, but where we live in the Derbyshire, the chances of seeing the aurora borealis are negligible: too much light pollution. We where staying in a converted barn 1 mile from Whitby Abbey and the night skies there are amazing; you could see the faint band of the milky way stretching overhead (i think the clarity was due to the end of a heavy rain system having gone through).

It was just after 2.00 o'clock the morning: I couldn't sleep and saw Orion rising through the roof light of the place we were staying, so I got out of bed, got the gear together and went outside.

I had intended just to photograph Orion, but I turned to my left and saw a very faint band of green light with a straight edge to it: I knew it wasn't the sea as the lights of ships were shining below it, so moved the tripod and made the first shot: that's when I saw the colours jump out on the back screen! I could kick myself now, from not getting in the car and driving over to the Abbey and shooting from there:dash2:

Hope a second chance arises next year when we go back to North Yorkshire, but I have seen it!

Back