Color Color: Words/No Words

Dead End.

XT3_Nov11_22_Dead_End(Godzilla)#1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A sheet metal sided silo (see the bands holding it together?) for storage of fermented chopped corn as winter fodder to supplement hay. It made year-round milking possible by giving the cows enough nutrition before that they'd be dried up over the winter. This was an old school dairy barn.
Thanks for that, William.
I figured that it was a small silo of some description.

Wasn't sure if you were familiar with them - a lot of city folks I've known only knew they were by barns but had no clue why - so I explained more than just saying it was a silo.
I've done almost everything, almost everywhere, William. I still hold a national heavy vehicle licence, and can, and have, driven almost anything.
However, spent most of my life also doing one kind of office work or another.

Been there, done that, too. Surrendered my Commercial Driver License (American equivalent) semi-recently because I finally stopped needing it. Tank soldier, later infantry NCO, IT consultant, janitor, truck driver, census counter, meat packer, fast food cook, most recently & most enjoyably, a hotel desk clerk. Bunch of other jobs too. I did whatever I had to/could do to keep the bills almost paid. My mother taught me a very important lesson: pay the rent and then buy groceries first. The rest will take care of themselves if you're warm and dry and can eat.

Back