Color Color: Words/No Words

Been there, done that, too. Surrendered my Commercial Driver License (American equivalent) semi-recently because I finally stopped needing it. Tank soldier, later infantry NCO, IT consultant, janitor, truck driver, census counter, meat packer, fast food cook, most recently & most enjoyably, a hotel desk clerk. Bunch of other jobs too. I did whatever I had to/could do to keep the bills almost paid. My mother taught me a very important lesson: pay the rent and then buy groceries first. The rest will take care of themselves if you're warm and dry and can eat.
Your mother was a very wise woman ...

This is the barista preparing my cappuccino, in Ashland, Oregon.

XT3_Nov24_22_barista#1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Changing the focus point slightly--

XT3_Nov24_22_barista#2.jpg

And here he is delivering the finishing caffeinated product to me, with some justified pride in a job well done--

XT3_Nov24_22_barista#3.jpg

And, one final 'beauty shot' of the cappuccino itself--

XT3_Nov24_22_Thanksgiving_cappuccino.jpg

That time we almost got arrested because a passer by didn't know filming was taking place, saw this, and called the police. I can only assume whoever it was saw this and completely missed the camera and sound crew 😂

View attachment 350574
Should have just dropped this in the “seen while walking around” thread and not said a damn thing about it 😂

Should have just dropped this in the “seen while walking around” thread and not said a damn thing about it 😂
Oh man, excellent idea. I may have a few others I can do that with.
supercool shot!
But I can't tell this scene is "a hostage rescuing mission" or "an armed abduction"?
This scene was a rescue. With a twist. The rescue team doesn't know the female character at this point. And due to the popularity of the subject at the time, there were zombies in the film. Not in this scene, obviously.

@Bobby Tingle
Do you think, as I do, some BTS shots might be informative/enjoyable to folks outside your profession?
thanks
I do. Not shots like the action still I posted above. But the shots which actually show the production, makeup team, etc. people really seem to enjoy and learn from.
This is good example of what I am referring to. It shows the camera angle, and what the camera operator does to get the necessary perspective. We shot the scene with the person in place on the receiving end. Then, while he was off getting effects makeup to reflect the damage, we shot this to add in final scene.
VTV%20zombies-225-XL.jpg

Back