Fuji Colour, Monochrome, and artsy stuff

Good link to an interesting article.

Initially, a vibrant colour image will often look to have more impact than a B&W one, however, a well exposed and edited B&W image with good tones, textures and the right subject matter will offer a lot more impact to the viewer.

The image in B&W makes the viewer see the scene and its content more than a colour one that draws the eye to the colours over content.

That is obviously my personal view but I would much prefer a good quality B&W image than a vibrant colour one!

Good link to an interesting article.

Initially, a vibrant colour image will often look to have more impact than a B&W one, however, a well exposed and edited B&W image with good tones, textures and the right subject matter will offer a lot more impact to the viewer.

The image in B&W makes the viewer see the scene and its content more than a colour one that draws the eye to the colours over content.

That is obviously my personal view but I would much prefer a good quality B&W image than a vibrant colour one!

What I enjoy is the gift from modern software to make virtual copies. With little impact on space I can quickly test what will make the stronger impact for my purpose.

Black and white can have bigger impact than color, yet I often forget that. Perhaps I need a post-it note on my screen: "Try B&W!" (y)

In this day of "do it all cameras" many just accept what comes out in colour and rely on the vibrancy of todays sensors to deliver the goods without considering how it would look in B&W - a shame as B&W makes us look harder and discover more in the image due to its lack of colour, the beauty comes from that combination of tones / textures and strong subject matter.

In this day of "do it all cameras" many just accept what comes out in colour and rely on the vibrancy of todays sensors to deliver the goods without considering how it would look in B&W - a shame as B&W makes us look harder and discover more in the image due to its lack of colour, the beauty comes from that combination of tones / textures and strong subject matter.

+1

The post-processing tools available to experiment with black-and-white present a staggering array of choices; Lightroom and its presets, Nik Special Efex Pro, OnOne Software's Perfect B&W, etc. Not that these in any way replace the photographer's eye to good composition or the camera's ability to capture the necessary tonal range... But they do give you starting points from which you can move quickly to your own vision of what you want your image to be.

Back