Color Colourful

View attachment 201765

Americans have muscle cars; we have CV2s ...

M.
Nah, never have been much of a muscle car fan. In fact, at one time years ago I drove a Honda 600 2-cylinder air cooled little coupe. Coolest thing ever . . . until one day we were driving up the freeway entrance ramp, and my wife said "Would you like me to get out and push?" Sigh.

Nah, never have been much of a muscle car fan. In fact, at one time years ago I drove a Honda 600 2-cylinder air cooled little coupe. Coolest thing ever . . . until one day we were driving up the freeway entrance ramp, and my wife said "Would you like me to get out and push?" Sigh.
I didn't mean to offend anyone. Someone, I don't know who, just posted a couple of muscle car images in the SiJy outtakes thread that prompted my somewhat nasty remark - sorry for that. I myself wasn't above owning sportscars for a while. I saw sense after that - and now am driving an electric car (Renault ZOE).

When I was a little kid, my father had a Renault R4 - the 2CV's equivalent. It was just like that little Honda (that looks loads better than the R4, btw.): You had to hope for it to eventually reach 50mi/h (80km/h) ... But in a way, it was a "real" car - no frills, and much, much sturdier than it looked. We crossed the Alps in it - several times.

M.

Oh boy, Renault R4 or quatrelle, my dad drove several when I was a kid. I remember burgundian red and a grey one really well. And did we travel with it, oh yes. One summer the back seat was taken off, and we even slept on it, the whole family, if it was too windy for a tent in the Northern Finland, Sweden and Norway. What a car.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. Someone, I don't know who, just posted a couple of muscle car images in the SiJy outtakes thread that prompted my somewhat nasty remark - sorry for that. I myself wasn't above owning sportscars for a while. I saw sense after that - and now am driving an electric car (Renault ZOE).

When I was a little kid, my father had a Renault R4 - the 2CV's equivalent. It was just like that little Honda (that looks loads better than the R4, btw.): You had to hope for it to eventually reach 50mi/h (80km/h) ... But in a way, it was a "real" car - no frills, and much, much sturdier than it looked. We crossed the Alps in it - several times.

M.
I didn't take offense, Matt, nor did I think your remark was nasty. You are correct in that there are a fair number of high performing, high powered vehicles on our highways.

BOT (back on topic): colourful nostalgia ...

LM102087.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Back