Coming soon... nearly there...!

Closed: Which is the cover picture that screams READ ME! ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
...my next book. Here's the final manuscript:

IMG_20170427_103005_766.jpg

It’s a post-Brexit action adventure that sweeps from the streets of London to Lisbon, Seville and... Our hero is a photographer with a journey he has to make - and a secret he has to keep...

Target publication is mid-May and I'm planning to produce both Kindle and paperback formats this time.

Stay tuned...!

Only my guide book published last year, Ray. F8 and Been There, which I know a number of people here have read.

This is my first novel, so although it draws upon my photographic and travel experience, the new book is very, very different. I'll put up an excerpt on Amazon shortly, and invite pre-orders. Need to photograph the cover first... a map of Europe, a compass, a micro SD card, an X-Pro2 and a SIG Sauer... ;)

I've written for years, including for print - magazines back in the '80s and '90s.

Right, I've had a couple of good friends do a proof-read. As a result the book has grown overall by about 10% - mostly character development and loophole closures. I'm on target to publish in the next couple of weeks.

Could I ask a favour?

Please give your opinion on the following two pictures, under consideration for the front cover:

Cover A.
Queens Wayfarer 1 Cover Square.jpg

Cover B.
Queens Wayfarer 2 Cover Square.jpg

These are not the final versions, but the concepts are there. Without knowing anything about the plot, which image appeals most to you and is likely to make you want to read the book?

Okay... I've rethunk the cover and taken yoyr comments into considetation. Both of the above are indeed far too "busy" when you add title, subtitle etc and as my wife pointed out the picture doesn't have to slavishly reflect the plot, soooo...

Overexposed Kindle 1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

...that's what it will look like on a Kindle Fire or other colour device.

I'm just waiting for an ISBN to be issued, so that I can release in hardcopy paperback at the same time. :D

Right, I've had a couple of good friends do a proof-read. As a result the book has grown overall by about 10% - mostly character development and loophole closures. I'm on target to publish in the next couple of weeks.

Could I ask a favour?

Please give your opinion on the following two pictures, under consideration for the front cover:

Cover A.
View attachment 125170

Cover B.
View attachment 125171

These are not the final versions, but the concepts are there. Without knowing anything about the plot, which image appeals most to you and is likely to make you want to read the book?

#1 by a long margin. It comes right out with the camera and the gun and the map and puts me squarely in the middle of the universe of your story. #2 is, or rather seems to me to be, trying a little too hard to be more 'subtle' - to leave more to the imagination - and while that may work for some aspects of your storytelling or narrative, for an image, I think a more direct approach has more power.

That's the long-winded answer.

The shorter-winded (or, simply, shorter) answer is - #1 makes me want to read the book - and #2 doesn't.

Good luck with the choice - and it sounds (the book, I mean) quite cool!

Okay... I've rethunk the cover and taken yoyr comments into considetation. Both of the above are indeed far too "busy" when you add title, subtitle etc and as my wife pointed out the picture doesn't have to slavishly reflect the plot, soooo...

View attachment 125201

...that's what it will look like on a Kindle Fire or other colour device.

I'm just waiting for an ISBN to be issued, so that I can release in hardcopy paperback at the same time. :D

"Overexposed" is a great title. And your final image - if indeed it is the final one - really works quite nicely.
Bravo! to the photographer .... and another Bravo! to the writer!

Back