Fuji Coming soon...

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
...my next book. Here's the final manuscript:

img_20170427_103005_766-jpg.125091.jpg

It’s a post-Brexit action adventure that sweeps from the streets of London to Lisbon, Seville and... Our hero is a photographer with a journey he has to make - and a secret he has to keep...

Target publication is mid-May and I'm planning to produce both Kindle and paperback formats this time.

Stay tuned...!

I notice a faux pas in the that the crown depicted is a kings crown and not a queens crown. I can see a date in the Tower of London for you my lad! :th_salute:

Take a look at the passport crown! Which shows a Queens crown!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well spotted!

Actually, it's not even an English crown ;) it's from the 15th century and it's quite a deliberate choice. HMG can get quite snotty about such things...!

I know the type of crown from my service in the Royal Navy, where a lot of the RN insignia featured crowns, so the changeover was obviously in 1953! The one you have chosen looks a lot like the Tudor crown and I think the date is right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of the storyline is that "The Queen's Wayfarers" were formed by Frances Walsingham ("The Queen's Intelligencer") during the reign of Elizabeth I. They are always "The Queen's", regardless of the gender of the monarch of the day. ;)

Interesting, Bill. Do you write for a living, or just because you enjoy it?
Good question. I do it because I enjoy it; It's another creative outlet. I've sold stuff over the years but never enough to live on. The guidebook I published last year, "F8 and Been There" has sold over 200 copies which far exceeds expectations. I'm hoping that this will do better ;)

Looking forward to the new book, I enjoyed 'F8 and Been There'. On a side note, I love the Kaweko fountain pen. I have several, to go with the other 300 or so fountain pens in my collection.

Back