Compact Camera for Low Light Photography (Restaurants etc)

Judderman62

Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Greater Manchester, UK
Mike
Nikon coolpix A or Ricoh GR would also be options, but they're more pricy than a RX100.
surprised no ne mentioned the GR before now. Saw a pic, think it was on here, in a cafe / diner and the image quality made my jaw drop..it was stunning.

As regards the Leica - I can only see one image in that set I'd be happy with. Most are either noisy or poorly out of focus.

Judderman62

Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Greater Manchester, UK
Mike
Sounds like the OP want's a zoom.

I'd go RX100 as 1st choice but if money is an important factor then the Fuji XF1 is pretty much unbeatable IMO.
Unless I missed it, and apologies if I did, it doesn't say so in his OP :confused:

Glad you say that about the XF-1 - I sold my Pentax Q to finance the purchase, I'd already made, of the XF-1 :)

Archiver

Top Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
surprised no ne mentioned the GR before now. Saw a pic, think it was on here, in a cafe / diner and the image quality made my jaw drop..it was stunning.
The GR is a great camera, although low light focus is a dog and the f2.8 aperture makes the camera go to well past ISO 1600 on a regular basis in dark situations. I find that even the raw files are annoyingly gritty above ISO 2500. Thus, I'd recommend a m43 camera like the new GM1 and a very fast lens like the Oly 17/1.8. although this may be out of the OP's budget.

Latest threads

Top Bottom