Congratulations to ...

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
... retow with his spectacular image of the Swiss mountains. It is our winner 3-8 Feb.

2654d1328615490t-weekly-challenge-3-8-feb-p9251578-1-.jpg

Congrats, with all the absolutely amazing images this week, this was still easily the standout photo for me!

Is that an Alpine Chough (had to search for the name)? I saw them years ago high up in the Austrian alps, I was surprised at how comfortable they were to be among people. I suppose the only people who venture that high up into the mountains, don't pose a threat to them...

Thanks to everybody for all the kind words and your votes. I guess this mountain trip was my lucky day as everything fell into place, the weather, the light, the birds and I seemed to have the right tool with me. In the end, I came home with quite a few keepers.
This is another one from the same day, although I guess I overdid it in PP, but lately I had a lot of fun to play around with Silver Efex Pro (you know how it is with new toys;)).

View attachment 2666

Congrats, with all the absolutely amazing images this week, this was still easily the standout photo for me!

Is that an Alpine Chough (had to search for the name)? I saw them years ago high up in the Austrian alps, I was surprised at how comfortable they were to be among people. I suppose the only people who venture that high up into the mountains, don't pose a threat to them...

Yes, it's an Alpine Chough, amazing air artists living high up in the Alps. They are great fun to watch.

Back