Fuji Converting Fuji raw files - XF-1 and Lightroom 3

Judderman62

Veteran
Name
Mike
Hi peeps

I have never upgraded from lightroom 3 and found, tonight, that it doesn't recognise fuji raw files. is there any sort of plug in or anyway of getting it to work ?

If not is there a free and easy to use program to convert - had a quick play with silkypix and don't like it - not very intuitive and yucky interface :)

any help, ideas and suggestions welcomed :)

thanks guys

As the newer cameras come out, Adobe (and Apple) update their raw processing engines, and, most of the time, newer versions of the engines are only compatible with the then current versions of Lightroom and Aperture...

Or, you could use the Adobe Digital Negative (DNG) converter... it will take your raw files and make DNGs... they can be brought into older versions of LR... Here is the DNG page at Adobe, with links to the converter for Mac or Windows...
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/extend.displayTab2.html

will using that two stage process (adobe dng and then lightroom) lose me anything ? In terms of quality or any information lost in the two step translation ? Also is there any other negatives in doing that as opposed to getting LR 4 or % ?

many thanks for the reply and such a quick one at that :)

Mike

Don't think you will lose anything... The DNG is still a raw, it's just Adobe's raw not Fuji's... some companies (Ricoh I know of) use DNG as the in camera raw file... I convert to DNG when importing to LR, and they look and feel just like any other raw file...

Back