Fuji Converting X-T20 RAW files to DNG for Processing in Capture One 7?

Dave Jenkins

Regular
The Beautiful Northwest Georgia Mountains
Name
Dave Jenkins
I've been a satisfied Capture One user since late 2003, upgrading as necessary when I got new cameras. I currently have version 7, which worked with the cameras I've been using for the past few years, including my Canon 6D, Oly E-M5s and Fuji X-Pro 1. However, I recently acquired an X-T20 and C1-7 does not recognize its RAW files. I don't wish to pay $300 to upgrade to v.10, so I'm wondering if I could convert the files from that camera to DNGs, and then process them in C1-7. Will this work? If so, could anyone recommend a good, free (or cheap) DNG converter?

Iridient X-Transformer will do the job. Not free, but you definitely get your money's worth. Very close to Fuji's RAW File Converter EX 2.0, and very quick batch convert.

Not for 300 bucks, Bobby. I missed my chance for a cheap upgrade when I didn’t move from version 7 to version 8. But, I used the same cameras for several years and didn’t need to change software. Then I got an X-T20 and C1 no longer knows me! Unfortunately, you can’t upgrade anything older than v.8 at the lower price. So I want to find a way to continue using C1-7 or switch to newer, cheaper software.

Rather than try every RAW processor on the market at this time, I decided to process my X-T20 files from the December 15th wedding in SilkyPix. (I had already processed the X-Pro 1 files in Capture One v.7.) I was surprised to find SilkyPix quite easy to use. The image quality is fine for my purposes, and the files seem to blend okay with the C1-processed files. I will make final adjustments in Photoshop before delivery.

Even apart from the cost issue, I doubt that I will update Capture One. It has been getting more and more complex since v.3.7, IMO the last user-friendly version. It seems as though all I have done since 2003 is learn new software, and I am heartily tired of it, although perhaps it has its uses in staving off Alzheimer's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back