Coronavirus 2020 🤧

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
My wife read that there is a Laptop Shortage because of so many people telecommuting and supply chain interruptions. Was worried about how it would affect us. "I have Ten laptops in my Office, and we have a total of Fifteen in the house. So thankyou for your concern, but this in no way affects us."

Jonathan F/2

Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Los Angeles, USA
I'm going to try and regrow some of my veggies I've bought. Two articles I found detailing the procedures:

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
I drove 2 hours each way yesterday to my biking venue. The trail is a converted abandoned railway, and very remote, with a few houses near the traihead, but it is rare to see anyone else on the trail. I rode all morning to nothing but the sound of rushing water from the rivers the trail follows, and the call of countless birds. The drive home was less enjoyable. Traffic at first was light, but got busier as the drive progressed and I neared our capital city. Traffic through town and the western metro area was downright chaotic, and perhaps it was just where I rose very early and was tired from the long ride, but it seemed people were driving more and more aggressively as I got closer to home. Pandemic? What pandemic? I don't know if I've ever been more relieved to pull off the main road and into my neighborhood.

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Jan 19, 2015
I drove 2 hours each way yesterday to my biking venue. The trail is a converted abandoned railway, and very remote, with a few houses near the traihead, but it is rare to see anyone else on the trail. I rode all morning to nothing but the sound of rushing water from the rivers the trail follows, and the call of countless birds. The drive home was less enjoyable. Traffic at first was light, but got busier as the drive progressed and I neared our capital city. Traffic through town and the western metro area was downright chaotic, and perhaps it was just where I rose very early and was tired from the long ride, but it seemed people were driving more and more aggressively as I got closer to home. Pandemic? What pandemic? I don't know if I've ever been more relieved to pull off the main road and into my neighborhood.
I’m told there’s lots of speedy driving and speeding offences happening the UK as well.

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
Disposable masks should not be disposed of that way- what an idiot. You don't know who wore it, and what they were breathing into it.

These masks should not be re-used, unless going through some careful sanitizing. We ended up with 350 of them- 200 arriving 6 weeks after ordering, and the company apologizing, issuing a full refund, and sending an EMail to just keep the masks when/if they finally arrive.

William Lewis

Regular
Feb 10, 2020
Hayward WI
William Lewis
Went shopping just now. Crowded store. I was in the maybe 25% wearing a mask.

Last night I poked a hornets nest when a member of my parish whined on an email list that if the bars were open why weren't the churches. I replied back, paraphrased, they were open out of greed and children who are too bored to care about other people. Listen to the science god gave us not the childish among us. I'm sure I'll hear about that one soon enough but I have no real sympathy with 100,000 dead and more on the way.

Jonathan F/2

Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Los Angeles, USA
Lately I've been researching masks and fabrics. Things like Cupron and layered nano fabrics are probably the next big thing, due to their antiviral copper infused threads, ability to repel moisture and maintaining breathability. I'm actually fascinated that we're seeing some new innovations in textiles. Also from a fashion sense, we're going to start seeing new purpose driven clothes because of this pandemic. Again I wouldn't use any of this stuff in a front line medical capacity, but I see it as additional/complimentary protection, especially when things inevitably open up.

Latest threads

Top Bottom