Coronavirus 2020 🤧

Yes, usually supply chain issues. But every once-in-awhile, a group of guys marches into Walmart (in Colorado Springs, home of Chill-out, dude) with rifles and carts to clear the shelves of toilet paper ( because they are so full of s--t?) So everyone else may to wait for the delivery cycle to catch back up.

And the seriousness of them trying to threaten the clumps of young ladies laughing at them as they made a BIG DEAL of marching through the store in defensive formation around carts full of toilet paper.

And me without my camera! No actually, I wasn't there. Saw it on the news later.

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
Yes, usually supply chain issues. But every once-in-awhile, a group of guys marches into Walmart (in Colorado Springs, home of Chill-out, dude) with rifles and carts to clear the shelves of toilet paper ( because they are so full of s--t?) So everyone else may to wait for the delivery cycle to catch back up.

And the seriousness of them trying to threaten the clumps of young ladies laughing at them as they made a BIG DEAL of marching through the store in defensive formation around carts full of toilet paper.

And me without my camera! No actually, I wasn't there. Saw it on the news later.
Seriously? SMH

Seriously? SMH
Yeah, seriously, a small group of college girls laughing and pointing at the silliness. But then they had to go next door to get the Toilet Paper they came to Walmart for.

But, at least they maintained the Colorado Chill as they went over to Office Depot and got the vital supplies. As soon as the panic started, every retailer got the message , and you could buy toilet paper from almost any vendor.

But at least the Patriots got to practice their defensive formation and display their aggressive facade and guns for the public. Scare babies and annoy grandmother's is most of what they really do.

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
It's interesting. Here in the Northeast U.S., the stores were cleared of paper products and soaps/cleaners at the start of the first lockdown in March/April. There was never a problem with food or anything else.
Also in the NE (about 25 NE of Philly) and the local stores were wiped out of bananas 🍌 and a lot of shelves were wiped bare of stuff like frozen vegetables, ice cream, waffles, and other pre-made consumables. Most stores are back to normal with their stocks but frozen vegetable selections are still pretty sparse. Local grocery stores are still sparse with paper products as well but the big chains like Costco are well stocked. All of the stores in the area have enough sanitizer though to last through at least the next pandemic.

agentlossing

Top Veteran
S. Oregon Coast (the Northernmost-Cal of them All)
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
One interesting thing about the toilet paper shortage was that my office never had trouble ordering commercial grade TP in larger quantities. Consumer TP is made of different materials (typically less post-consumer content) and packaged and distributed differently. There was plenty of commercial grade TP, and fewer sales due to many schools and offices being empty. But on the other hand, consumer TP was in higher demand because folks were spending their entire day at home.

There was a little hoarding but there was a lot more demand.

Tip: if you live somewhere where TP is scarce, see if your office could order it.

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
One interesting thing about the toilet paper shortage was that my office never had trouble ordering commercial grade TP in larger quantities. Consumer TP is made of different materials (typically less post-consumer content) and packaged and distributed differently. There was plenty of commercial grade TP, and fewer sales due to many schools and offices being empty. But on the other hand, consumer TP was in higher demand because folks were spending their entire day at home.

There was a little hoarding but there was a lot more demand.

Tip: if you live somewhere where TP is scarce, see if your office could order it.
One of the custodians in our building was terminated before I retired because he was stealing cleaning supplies. When he was confronted and the building manager took him to his locker with security present, his locker was filled with TP and paper towel rolls. Apparently he was sneaking them out a few rolls at a time. This was pre-pandemic, but I wonder if he had a premonition? :D

Work on chill and cooperation if your area has trouble with TP shortages. Even your local gas station buys it in bulk. With a little foresight and community spirit they can sell some of their supply. Same with many many businesses. Office supply stores keep stuff that offices need in bulk.

OR ... organize your own "Militia of the Damned!" and storm into your local Walmart in formation to take what you think you want - at least you will provide some entertainment and give the elders something to talk about. Call it community service. What a great headline "Militia of the Damned performs community service during pandemic" and community service could lead to government grants and other "handouts".
;)

re-note

All-Pro
Real Name
Rolf
P1010413.jpg

a time when protective masks need protection - I had to do it myself and sheltering the camera,too, was really obstructive

kyteflyer

~@¿@~
Real Name
Sue
I had to do a supermarket shop today, and eventually made my way to the TP aisle, which I expected by now to be full again. Nope. The shop lassies tell me that as soon as a load comes in, the hoarders descend, Now, I *might* understand if this area was in lockdown, or if the virus was raging around our community... but neither are true. We are still “clean” and we are not locked down. There are some restrictions on numbers of people you can have in your home etc, but they arent that restrictive... and I just don’t see why its happening. Those #covidiots have learned SFA. I did land a pack of 4 rolls. Its all I needed.

Latest threads

Top Bottom