Coronavirus 2020 🤧

re-note

All-Pro
Real Name
Rolf
Had my second vaccination(biontec) two weeks ago. So I am prepared to start right away with concert photography.
Today it will be:

Radio-Mitschnitt: Detmolder Kammerorchester – „O Du lieber Augustin“

I will be admitted without any problem, but have to show my certificate of vaccination.
For safety reasons only 30 people are allowed in and all have to wear a mask.

Briar

All-Pro
I had my second AZ jab last week (after the appointment was brought forward by 2 weeks). This time it was a breeze, just a bit of a sore arm for a few hours.

I'm getting my second jab next week. I wasn’t expecting mine for another month so I was a bit surprised when the blue letter popped through my door today. Glad you found the second one a breeze. Hoping I will too. I’m on holiday next week so plans are scuppered a bit with my appointment being bang in the middle but I’m not complaining. Would rather get the second jab over and done with.

Richard

All-Pro
Twenty four hours later I concur with what other people are saying - the AZ vaccine experience is a lot easier the second time. I had a bit of a headache about three hours after the jab this time, but that may have been unrelated and a couple of Paracetamol saw it off in any case. No trouble sleeping (none of the shivers and fever from last time) and very little to report this morning. Just a sore arm really.

My sister had her second AZ vaccination yesterday too. She had it worse than me after her first jab. I just asked her how she's doing today and she said, "absolutely nothing ... complete opposite of last time."

-R

Briar

All-Pro
Had my one and only jab of Johnson & Johnson at noon today.
So far no reactions, but I'm sure they'll come in due time.
So now it's good-bye to the Corona avatar and hello to life full of colours.
That's great news Walter. I got my second AZ jab today, 7 hours in and feeling fine, so far, this time around. Hopefully both of us will be fine. Be patient for a little while longer, it takes about 2 weeks for the best protection to kick in from your jab, so hold off painting the town red till then.

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
The local county loosened up mask restrictions a few weeks ago, it's been strange doing shopping and being around so many people now not wearing masks. Most of the stores in the area have switched to "Mask required or fully vaccinated*" policies while some smaller stores have ditched all policies and leaving it up customers. Of course the flaw, possibly fatal, in that is that it requires customers following the 'honor system' and, considering that the area still has a bunch of people with Trump signs in their front yards, it'd be a safe bet that many of the maskless are also not vaccinated. With that in mind we're still being mindful of keeping distance when possible and Mrs. Kevin still wears a mask (her work still requires one to be worn so she's used to it anyway) even though she's also fully vaccinated; between her asthma & allergies she falls into the risk category.

At least the company I work for realized that IT geeks and most of the office drones can get their job done from anywhere with a good internet connection so the talk lately has been about what "returning to the office" will look like. For many of us it will most likely mean a hybrid model of primarily working remotely and coming into the office on a very limited basis. I haven't been back to the office since Feb. of 2020! 👍

* fully vaccinated = At least 2 weeks since your 2nd shot (or your J&J single shot).

Jonathan F/2

Top Veteran
The local county loosened up mask restrictions a few weeks ago, it's been strange doing shopping and being around so many people now not wearing masks. Most of the stores in the area have switched to "Mask required or fully vaccinated*" polices while some smaller stores have ditched all policies and leaving it up customers. Of course the flaw, possibly fatal, in that is that it requires customers following the 'honor system' and, considering that the area still has a bunch of people with Trump signs in their front yards, it'd be a safe bet that many of the maskless are also not vaccinated. With that in mind we're still being mindful of keeping distance when possible and Mrs. Kevin still wears a mask (her work still requires one to be worn so she's used to it anyway) even though she's also fully vaccinated; between her asthma & allergies she falls into the risk category.

At least the company I work for realized that IT geeks and most of the office drones can get their job done from anywhere with a good internet connection so the talk lately has been about what "returning to the office" will look like. For many of us it will most likely mean a hybrid model of primarily working remotely and coming into the office on a very limited basis. I haven't been back to the office since Feb. of 2020! 👍

* fully vaccinated = At least 2 weeks since your 2nd shot (or your J&J single shot).
Come June 15th in Los Angeles County, they'll be loosening mask restrictions as well. I've been going to my local gym masked, but honestly I'm not sure I trust the gym heads to adhere to proper hygiene and health safety. Cleaning gym equipment after each use is also based on an honor system and half the people I see can't even do that! 🙄

re-note

All-Pro
Real Name
Rolf
P6103826.jpg

fine weather and a crowd at the entrance of a public swimming pool
I am fully vaccinated, but when I witness a scene like this I am not so sure concerning my safety and take to a telephoto lens to stay out of the reach of the virus

Real Name
Matt
Wow ... I actually know now what people mean by "flu-like" symptoms; I haven't had a good night - constant aches and bathroom trips. There's still a slight fever, and I'm really cold (which is ironic because the weather's warm and fine). But at least it's bearable on the whole; I'm just feeling really tired (well, of course) and a bit shaky. Not pleasant. But certainly not as bad as the virus itself would have been ... It started in earnest about twelve hours after the vaccination, not six as the doctor had indicated; so, if you can choose, get your shots in the (late) afternoon ...

M.

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
Wow ... I actually know now what people mean by "flu-like" symptoms; I haven't had a good night - constant aches and bathroom trips. There's still a slight fever, and I'm really cold (which is ironic because the weather's warm and fine). But at least it's bearable on the whole; I'm just feeling really tired (well, of course) and a bit shaky. Not pleasant. But certainly not as bad as the virus itself would have been ... It started in earnest about twelve hours after the vaccination, not six as the doctor had indicated; so, if you can choose, get your shots in the (late) afternoon ...

M.
If there's any consolation, you should feel much better by the next morning. That was my experience, and also that of several people I know after the second dose.

wee-pics

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter

M.
Hope you feel better by now, Matt. Strange how different ractions can be. My wife had slight temperature on the first day after the vaccination and three whole days of aches in the muscles and joints. Plus: no energy for anything.
I was lucky: absolutely no reaction whatsoever. So I'm already asking myself if my immune system has started to fight the intruder at all. I hope it's just working silently and smoothly in the background and taking its time.