Craigslist diehards

dougpayne

Top Veteran
Name
C.D. Payne
Here's a lens that someone has been advertising on our local Craigslist for at least two years. They never drop the ad. It is always renewed. They don't seem to be discouraged by the complete lack of interest. I hear that people find good deals on Craigslist, but around here we get a lot of folks trying to sell dad's old Pentax for $350. The prices asked seem fairly unrealistic.

Lens / Camera

Doug

I NEVER see any good bargains on Craigslist. Everything seems like it's always 20-500% more expensive than it should be. I occasionally use it to sell something cheap (where eBay doesn't make financial sense...and it's it's worth just a little too much to donate).

We got a new dining dining table and chairs and I wanted to get rid of the old stuff cheap (basically just have someone haul it away for me and scrape up enough cash to take my wife out for dinner). People expected me to jump through hoops (can I hold it for 2 weeks?...... can I deliver it 90 minutes away?..... would I accept $10 for it (really......I'm fairly certain that you can't even find a single dining chair for $10....let alone 4 WITH A TABLE)

Whenever I need to de-file myself and use the Craigslist, I often say "never again"

I'm the same. Its frustrating trying to sell stuff for a fair price, and have to fend off the idiots who constantly lowball. Craigslist does exist over here but I dont use it, nor do many others, judging by the number of ads, but Gumtree is a thing, and its a real PITA. But I refuse to feebay. Managed to sell my old FZ100 last week, it was a good transaction but those are so rare.

Back