Stroll Crazy light 90 floors up.

Livnius

Top Veteran
Name
Joe
The plan this morning was to wake up bright and early, have my coffee and toast before sunrise and head off into town, reports were for lots of fog which I think makes any place look surreal....wanted a few snaps of the sun bursting
through the fog and the gaps in the buildings with lots of little silhouettes of Melbournians in long winter coats scurrying to work...BUT...being as lazy as I am on chilly mornings I am I slept in and missed the downtown dawn.
Still, I got these 2 which are kinda cool. Rising sun reflecting off the Eureka Towers golden glass wedge. The Eureka Tower is the largest purely residential building in the world.

9128878052_43a67eba25_b.jpg

Eureka Tower 25/6/13 by Livnius, on Flickr

9126665767_e66bd114ce_b.jpg

Eureka Tower 25/6/13 by Livnius, on Flickr

The best sights are definitely seen first and last thing! I went to stay at a small hotel in the mountains of Ronda in Spain a few years ago. I awoke to find mist clinging beautifully, just above ground level and the views of the early morning sparkling sun were glorious and had to be photographed with my then Olympus E420, so out I leapt into the cold in my nightie......... only to realize that I was in full view of all the other early bird guests in the other rooms :redface:

Back