Fuji Custom settings feedback

Proffarm

Hello everyone! I'm new to the Fuji world and I have been loving my X-E2 since I bought it in May. I came over from Canon and haven't regretted it since. I try to shoot with it as much as possible, but I have a pretty busy 3 year old and 9 month old, so finding time for experimenting has been a tad difficult.

I know Rico's book will be released at the end of the month here in the US, but I was hoping to inquire about custom settings that anyone here has/is using that I could try out. I'm primarily interested in landscape/portraiture shooting, but lately I have developed an itch to try some night shooting. I shoot primarily outdoors and/or with available light. Basically, I just like taking pictures and I was interested in any feedback about custom settings people use.

Coming from Canon, some of the language that Fuji world uses is slightly different, so I'm attempting to find some shortcut help while I wait for Rico's book.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome! As far as custom settings go with Fuji cameras, the one in particular I would suggest is to set your noise reduction as low as possible (-2) when you're shooting at high ISOs if you are shooting JPEGs (If you're shooting RAW and post processing it doesn't matter) At high ISOs, Fuji's processing tends to overly smooth details in JPEGs which can leave skin looking a bit unnatural. Apart from that, for general use I like to shoot using Auto ISO up to 6400 with a minimum shutter speed of 1/125sec (though higher may be better if you're trying to capture a fast moving 3 yr old).

Back