Cut the apron strings today. Quit Adobe

Name
Tim Williams
Well everything Adobe is gone, even PS which I really liked. Just going a new way. I have been patiently working with C1 and doing much better with it and it will carry some of my plugins . Affinity works well with the old Nik collection I'll see how this goes. I have On 1 RAW 2019 which is a good program but have decided to sty with C1 and get it down to an easy work flow. Time to dive in and learn a new program.

I like On1 RAW 2019 and picked it up pretty quick. I would not hesitate to use it again. I just feel I have not given C1 a fair try. The whole idea was to drop CC which I just did as my subscription was about to re-new in May.

I have got really familiar with the printing workflow in LRCC, especially using ICC profiles for my printer/paper combinations. Apart from that I would be happy trying something else to do my processing. I have Luminar (2018, 3 and now Flex) but that definitely doesn’t do ICC profiles. Suggestions, anyone?

I have got really familiar with the printing workflow in LRCC, especially using ICC profiles for my printer/paper combinations. Apart from that I would be happy trying something else to do my processing. I have Luminar (2018, 3 and now Flex) but that definitely doesn’t do ICC profiles. Suggestions, anyone?
Martin since I don't print I'm at a loss. Not much good on that end of the game, Sorry. C1 has a better output for my Fuji files and I would venture it's just as feature rich if not more so. Maybe someone will chime in on this.

My CC subscription is cheap enough to continue, but I have until the end of the year to decide whether to renew. Truth is I'm too lazy right now to switch to new software. After my summer trip, when things settle in the Fall, I'll give some of these a try. I'd miss Photoshop, which I've used for years, by I have a PS 7 disc somewhere and it does most of what I need to do. My work flow is usually to develop the RAW file to 16 bit tif in LR, then export them to PS, where I make my final image. We'll see. As long as Adobe keeps the subscriptin at $10 a month, they'll probably keep me, but when they start raising it, as they inevitably will, I'll be looking for greener pastures.

Martin since I don't print I'm at a loss. Not much good on that end of the game, Sorry. C1 has a better output for my Fuji files and I would venture it's just as feature rich if not more so. Maybe someone will chime in on this.
Hmm, I've installed the C1 Express for Fujifilm. It seems to have quite decent print handling including ICC profiles with live previews for the profile selected. Now if Skylum could make a proper plugin so that I could round trip from C1 to Luminar Flex, that could be a very nice solution. I've added my two penn'orth to a suggestion for just that on their community pages.

I have the Fuji Pro version but started out with the Express. To tell the truth I could live with the express version just fine. I have Luminar 3, Alien Skin and the Nik Collection loaded in C1 Fuji Pro. Open a pic, right click on it and if you get a menu that includes "Edit In "you should be good. I gogled download directions.

I like On1 RAW 2019 and picked it up pretty quick. I would not hesitate to use it again. I just feel I have not given C1 a fair try. The whole idea was to drop CC which I just did as my subscription was about to re-new in May.
How do you find On1 for processing high-ISO and getting rid of noise? I used it briefly with my Panasonic GX85 files and the initial results really couldn't handle noise well, or else I just didn't know what I was doing with it.

I do really like their Effects software, and regularly use it as a plugin with LR.

I would say it's average, but then I don't often shoot high ISO. I have downloaded NIK Define 2 into Fuji Capture 1 and it's my go to just because I've used it so long it's second nature. At Sebring I shot up to 3200 and the XT3 seemed to handle it pretty well so there was minimal clean up. All of those were processed in On1 RAW. I really try my best to avoid cleaning up noise because i feel there's a fine line in getting a clean image and loosing detail. I obsess over that part of post. Not sure I have ever been truly satisfied.
I like On1's presets package and the work space. Very natural and easy to learn.

Last edited:
I prefer to leave grain as well from high-ISO noise, but whereas LR gives me a fine texture from M4/3 files, On1 seemed to be much blotchier. Maybe I need more time with it than the trial period that I was able to take advantage of.

I have the Fuji Pro version but started out with the Express. To tell the truth I could live with the express version just fine. I have Luminar 3, Alien Skin and the Nik Collection loaded in C1 Fuji Pro. Open a pic, right click on it and if you get a menu that includes "Edit In "you should be good. I gogled download directions.
How do you get files back into C1 from Luminar 3? Do you have to re-import the edited file into the catalog? ( The Nik programs all work seamlessly with C1 which is very useful ).

That's a possibility. To tell the truth I have not used it inside C1 yet as my favorites are Nik and Alien Skin. I'm guessing the DAM in 3 probably wants to place the photo's in it's catalog. I have a copy of 2018 also and will give it a try when I get off work as it does not have the DAM in it.. I just loaded an image in 3 and ran into a road block trying to get it back to C1.

Back