Cycling to Uni

akulya

Regular
Just getting settled in the new house, away from home and still finding my feet.
Luckily the weather is nice, so I've decided to cycle while it is still pleasant to do so.

Today was the first proper outing I've given the camera since arrival, so this is a vignette of my day

6208010985_735ba6f72e_b.jpg

6208010991_2766424dd5_b.jpg

View attachment 42493

6208010961_e7feec9d98_b.jpg

6208010971_cd66e7599b_b.jpg

6208010997_03d88a790f_b.jpg

6208530800_6255631bd4_b.jpg

All with the M8 and c-sonnar.

It felt great to let off a bit of steam and just cycle, shoot, cycle, shoot. I'd forgotten just how much hard work university was.

Really? Things have changed. When I did postgrad stuff back in the last millennium I set my own times - in conjunction with my supervisor of course. Since he wasn't at his best in the mornings I generally enjoyed a gentle start to the day but ended up working into the wee hours - something I find I can no longer do.

This is actually the Thames, and the North Sea. I've got one of the Bristol Channel somewhere though, I'll dig it out.

These are lovely Kal, views like that would even inspire me to get on my bike. Hope you are settling back into Uni life, hard work but great fun to be had too.

Kal, I must have been engrossed elsewhere and missed this whole thread. First of all, I hope you've settled in where you've moved to and that your studies are going well. I'm sure it's been a huge change for you and yours.

These pictures have the flavor of the seaside...not just because they were taken there, but there's something crisp and strong...and the lighting is strong and wonderful, especially in those last four... Keep photographing - your pictures will be your memories of this time of your life. Since I'm more than a few years older than you, I know from experience how time flies.

Feel free to use this thread as your own mode of photographic transportation, so to speak.

Cheers BB :)
I'm on a reading week now, so I've made it back home for a few days.
Spending some time exploring some of the Cotswolds again, and enjoying it before I have to head back.
6279817989_e002b4a274_z.jpg

Cirencester

6279816715_9086eb934a_z.jpg

Feeding Cygnets

It's easy to see why and how you're enjoying your time, Kal - and I think you and your Leica have become one. That is the Leica, yes? Your sweetheart is beautiful.

P.S. I am making my way through your other photos on Flickr right now.:2thumbs:

Yeah, I'm getting used to the M8 now.
It's not always easy - but I've come to think that's half the point.

Sometimes it sings.

My wife lets me use it sparingly, so long as our outings stay "outings" and not "shoots" she's happy to have the moments recorded :)

Back