Nikon D7500 and my gang of 3

Supremely impressed with the D7500. I know they took the "pro" features out of it , but none of that matters to me. What's left is all good, plus the ergonomics of the body and it's grip are just right for me. Not so with the other Nikon bodies.

The D7500 is a great body and more than enough for most. The main thing you give up compared to the D500 is the AF and metering systems. Yes there are other things, but those are really the only ones that would make any difference to me.

Shooting primarily with my Nikon D7500 with 3 primes.
24mm 2.8 AF-D
50mm 1.8 AF-D
85mm 1.8 AF-D

Ya I know not the latest, but they were affordable and provide great image quality.
FOV is 36-75-127
Absolutely capable setup for serious and less serious photography. I admire this setup and minimalist in me is looking for similar. However aesthetic in me refuses to sell other cameras and keep it simple. So I’ve ended up to situation where shooting with Canon 5D workhorse and owning other beautiful photographic gadgets for simple joy of owning them 🙄

So I’ve ended up to situation where shooting with Canon 5D workhorse and owning other beautiful photographic gadgets for simple joy of owning them 🙄
That unfortunately has been me, as well. I love photography and going out and exploring the world around me. I also love trying different gear, so I've often found myself swapping cameras every 6 months or so. Fortunately, I always look for good deals on gently used equipment. I truly admire those who keep their systems simple and never trade . . . I've just never found the discipline to do that myself.

Back